South Campus Commons
- Leasing eligibility is determined by the University of Maryland’s Department of Resident Life.
- Students must be in good academic, financial, & judicial standing with the University to be eligible to sign a lease.
- Lease-holders must be undergraduate students registered full-time at the University of Maryland, College Park.
- First priority for leasing for the August 2017 - July 2018 year is given to current (Spring 2017) on-campus residents who are rising 3rd year students (rising juniors*)
- To be pulled in to either community by a current SCC/CTY resident, you must either be a current SCC/CTY resident or a rising 3rd year (rising junior*) on-campus resident student
- Students must submit a 16-17 SCC/CTY leasing application by the deadline
The chart below outlines the order of priority for leasing in South Campus Commons and the Courtyards. This priority order is based on the Department of Resident Life’s Housing Commitment Policy.
|Order of Priority for SCC/CTY Leasing appointments||Group Description||Number of Semesters of Undergraduate Study # of Semesters of Undergraduate Study (including the Spring 2016 semester)||Eligible to be pulled in to spaces by current SCC/CTY Residents?|
|1st Priority||On-Campus residents - "Rising Juniors"*||3-4||Yes|
|2nd||On-Campus residents - "Rising Seniors"*||5-6||No|
|3rd||On-Campus residents - "Rising Sophomores"*||1-2||No|
|4th||On-Campus residents - "Rising 5th year Senior"*||7 +||No|
|5th||Off-Campus Students||Any Number||No|
*As defined by the Department of Resident Life’s Housing Commitments Policy based upon number of semesters enrolled at any college or university. If you have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Based on current projections for Fall 2017, residence hall students who are rising third-year students will once again have the highest priority for leasing spaces at the Courtyards and South Campus Commons.
If spaces remain after all interested on campus Rising Juniors have had an opportunity to lease, on campus rising seniors will have an opportunity to select from any remaining spaces, followed by on campus Rising Sophomores, then on campus Rising 5th years, and finally Off Campus students may have an opportunity to lease an apartment for the 2017-2018 lease year.
All interested students must submit leasing applications by the applicable deadlines to be eligible to participate in the leasing process.