Being a RA provides opportunities to develop valuable leadership and communication skills, to shape an environment that supports students' academic and personal development, to manage critical incidents and administrative tasks, and to make friends that will last a lifetime!
We believe the RA position is one of the most crucial positions in our Department. For this reason, we want to select individuals whose skills, interests, and experiences are best suited for this challenging and enjoyable position. Selection decisions are based on information from the application, interview process, and references.
All candidates should read and understand these documents. The Position Description and Conditions of Employment shown here are part of a contract between Resident Life and current RAs for 2017-2018. These documents are only informational for candidates but give you important information to consider as a candidate.
- Are you interested in meeting new people and helping to build a community?
- Do you enjoy helping others?
- Are you a good role model and do you enjoy helping others?
- Would you feel comfortable assisting a diverse group of students?
- Do you feel you could approach a resident about a personal concern that has been brought to your attention?
- Can you remain objective and fair when dealing with a conflict involving friends?
- Are you able to react and express yourself clearly in tense situations?
- Are you a good team member?
- Do you project a positive self-image?
- Will your study habits allow you to balance your academics with a RA position?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, the RA position might be for you! Use the left navigation menu above to find out more about the RA position and the application process.